Title: Director of Sales and Marketing
Department: Sales Division – Yucaipa, California
Reports to: CEO – Yucaipa, California
Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned market. Staffs and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for clients and Account Executives.
- Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Responsible for the performance and development of the Account Executives.
- Prepares action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Conducts one-on-one review with all Account Executives to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of Account Executive’s sales and activity performance.
- Reviews all orders for accuracy, meets with engineering to confirm viability of project.
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
- Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect proposals submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by Account Executives.
- Creates and conducts proposal presentations and RFP responses.
- Assists Account Executives in preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Recruits, tests, and hires Account Executives based on criteria agreed upon by senior management.
- Submittals of commission reports, scheduling, and assignment of Company generated leads
Relationships and Roles:
Internal / External Cooperation
- Ensures that all Account Executives meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals, follow up and closes.
- Delegates authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up.
- Sets examples for Account Executives in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
- Conducts regular coaching and counseling with Account Executives to build motivation and selling skills.
- Maintains contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in sales management (Education or specific training could substitute)
- Experience with enterprise software solutions
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Integrator relationship management.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Willingness to travel and work within a team of professionals
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams
Send a resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org