Residential Windows and Doors
Progressive energy solutions residential windows and doors are essential when it comes to selecting new windows and doors for your home or business. With increasing energy costs and concerns about environmental sustainability, it’s important to choose windows that can help you save on energy bills and reduce your carbon footprint. Vinyl windows offer several energy-efficient features, such as double or triple pane glass, low-E coatings, and gas fills. These features help to minimize heat transfer, keeping your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Additionally, vinyl windows are durable, low maintenance, and can withstand harsh weather conditions, making them a great long-term investment for any property owner. By choosing progressive energy solutions for your new vinyl windows, you can create a comfortable, energy-efficient, and eco-friendly space.
Give us a call
Contact us for free Window Design and Quote
There are several reasons why someone might choose to install new replacement vinyl windows:
1. Energy efficiency study Department of Energy: New replacement vinyl windows are typically designed to be more energy efficient than older windows. They often have features such as double or triple panes, low-emissivity coatings, and insulating frames that can help reduce energy costs by keeping warm air inside during the winter and cool air inside during the summer
2. Maintenance: Vinyl windows are typically low-maintenance and require minimal upkeep. They don’t need to be painted or stained, and they are resistant to rot, rust, and corrosion. This makes them a good choice for homeowners who want to save time and money on window maintenance.
3. Noise reduction: Vinyl windows can help reduce outside noise, making them a good choice for homes located in busy or noisy areas.
4. Aesthetics: Replacement vinyl windows come in a variety of styles and colors, so homeowners can choose a design that complements their home’s architecture and enhances its curb appeal.
5. Home value: New replacement vinyl windows can increase the value of a home, making them a good investment for homeowners who plan to sell their property in the future.
About this Process
Replacing the current windows of your home with new vinyl windows can bring a host of benefits, from improved energy efficiency to enhanced aesthetics. The process typically involves several steps.
- Accurate measurements of each window opening are taken to ensure the new windows fit properly
- Old windows are carefully removed, taking care to protect the surrounding areas. The window frames and sills are then inspected and repaired if necessary
- New vinyl windows are installed, securely fastening them to the window frames. The installation is followed by sealing the gaps around the windows to prevent air and water leaks.
- Finally, a thorough clean-up is conducted, ensuring your home is left in a tidy state. The result is a fresh, stylish, and energy-efficient window upgrade that can transform the look and feel of your home.
Call For a Quote:
Residential Solar (PhotoVoltaic)
Solar energy is clean, renewable, and cost-effective. By going solar, you can reduce your carbon footprint, save money on energy bills, and support sustainable living.
Solar Pool Heating
Solar pool heating is eco-friendly, cost-effective, and extends your swimming season. It also requires mininal maintenance and increases the value of your property.
Drought Resistance Landscaping
Drought-resistant landscaping conserves water, requires less maintenance, reduces irrigation costs, and provides habitat for wildlife while enhancing the aesthetic appeal of your property.
Many choices and questions arise when deciding whether to replace you window with new energy efficent Windows and Doors. Here are the 5 most common questions we are asked.
How much do replacement vinyl windows typically cost?
The cost of replacement vinyl windows can vary depending on factors such as the size, style, quality, and additional features. On average, you can expect to spend between $500 and $1,200 per window, including installation. It’s recommended to get quotes from multiple suppliers and installers to get an accurate estimate for your specific needs.
What are the advantages of choosing vinyl windows over other materials?
Vinyl windows offer several benefits. They are energy-efficient, providing good insulation and helping to reduce heating and cooling costs. They are also low-maintenance, requiring minimal cleaning and no painting or staining. Vinyl windows are durable, resistant to rot, corrosion, and fading. They are available in a wide range of styles, colors, and finishes to match your home’s aesthetics.
How long do vinyl windows usually last before needing replacement?
Vinyl windows are known for their durability and can have a lifespan of 20 to 40 years or more with proper care. However, the actual lifespan may vary depending on factors such as the quality of the windows, installation, and maintenance. Regular cleaning, lubrication of hardware, and addressing any issues promptly can help extend the life of your vinyl windows.
What factors should I consider when selecting the right vinyl windows for my home?
When choosing replacement vinyl windows, consider factors such as style, energy efficiency, glass options, security features, and warranty. Determine the window style that suits your home’s architecture and your aesthetic preferences. Look for windows with low U-factor and Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC) ratings for improved energy efficiency. Consider features like double or triple glazing, Low-E coatings, and gas fills to enhance insulation. Security features like multiple locking points and reinforced frames are also important considerations.
Is professional installation necessary for replacement vinyl windows, or can I install them myself?
While it’s possible to install replacement vinyl windows yourself if you have the necessary skills and experience, it is generally recommended to hire a professional installer. Proper installation is crucial for ensuring the windows function correctly, provide optimal energy efficiency, and are weather-tight. Professionals have the expertise, tools, and knowledge to handle the installation process safely and efficiently, minimizing the risk of errors and potential damage. Additionally, many manufacturers may require professional installation to maintain the warranty coverage.